- DISTANCE: 10 K
- DATE: Sunday 16th March 2014
- LOCATION: Guildford Spectrum, Surrey
- START TIME: 2:30pm
ONLINE ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
Road Athletics presents the Guildford 10k. A fantastic woodland and riverside route starting and finishing at the Spectrum Leisure Complex athletics track. Suitable for all abilities from beginners to elite. Fully registered and certified by UKA and runbritain. As at all of our Road Athletics events we will be using electronic timing chips/transponders for the event. The route uses trail surfaces as well as road surfaces and offers good PB potential. All results will be available at end of the race and will be submitted to UKA and runbritain for inclusion in record and rankings.
Finishers medal and goodie bag for all those completing the race including discount voucher for sportswear and equipment and spot prizes.
We would like to thank Charlotteville Cycling Club for providing the lead and tail marshals to help guide everyone around the route!
UKA/runbritain license no: 2014-11017
Facilities at venue:
Toilets and full changing and shower facilities. Free car park. First aid room. Covered spectator seating at the start and finish areas with updated race progress available. Full refreshments available at the Spectrum Leisure Complex on-site.
Map & Directions
Sat nav users: GU1 1UP
From M25 London Orbital (Allow 20 minutes)
- Exit the motorway at junction 10 (which is signposted as London S.W. / Guildford / Kingston) and follow A3 (S)
- Continue on the A3 for approximately 7 miles
- Leave the A3 at the A322 Guildford / Horsham / Bagshot / Aldershot exit
- At the end of the slip road turn left towards Guildford and immediately left onto A25 Parkway
- Continue on Parkway for half a mile, Guildford Spectrum is on the left
From A3 Northbound & Portsmouth
- Follow the A3 until the Guildford (A322) exit. At the roundabout take the 2nd exit (A25)
- Remain on the A25 for approximately one mile
- At Stoke Junction (by fire station) continue straight onto A25 Parkway and follow for half a mile, Guildford Spectrum is on the left
From Dorking (Allow 30 minutes)
- Follow the A25 towards Guildford
- At Newlands Corner turn left signposted to Guildford
- Turn left at next roundabout, continue to the junction of Epsom Road and Boxgrove Road Turn right at the traffic lights to remain on the A25 - Boxgrove Road
- At the roundabout take the second exit and Guildford Spectrum is on the right hand side
- There is a cycle park at Spectrum located to the left of the entrance ramp.
- This area is covered by CCTV and is fenced off for added security.
- Please view our Parking Sections Plan for the exact location of our Cycle Park.
- We advise customers to lock their bicycles using a D-lock as opposed to a chain.
- Guildford Spectrum is easily accessed by cycle paths from the town centre, across Stoke Park and from London Road Station.
Trains from Guildford are run by South West Trains. Click here to visit website for more information on timetables.
From London Road Station (10 minute walk)
- Turn left out of the station into York Road.
- Turn left at the Traffic lights on to London Road.
- Continue along London Road until you reach Stoke Park.
- Cross the park. Spectrum is located on the opposite side of the A25 to Stoke Park.
From Guildford Station (25 minutes walk or 5 minutes walk to bus station & short bus journey)
- Turn right out of the station. Taxis are available or Walk down the hill following signs to the Town Centre and Friary Bus Station.
- Follow directions by Bus.
- A link bus operates between the Friary Bus Station and Guildford Spectrum. It is the number 100 bus and it departs every 12 minutes throughout the day.
how to enter
Click here to enter an event. You can just fill in the form online and pay using your credit/debit card on our secure payment system – all done in one place!